Briarwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center brings specialized pulmonary care and services to patients with a variety of acute and chronic lung disorders.
Through scrupulous treatment and education, our dedicated and passionate team of professionals helps patients better understand their conditions, and enables them to enjoy independence and improved quality of life.
The pulmonary care program at Briarwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center focuses on reducing pulmonary symptoms, decreasing disability, increasing participation in physical and social activities, and promote independence in patients.
Our Program Features:
- Rehab Rooms equipped with In-Wall Oxygen, providing up to 15 liters of high flow oxygen
- Onsite Respiratory Therapy
- Interdisciplinary Care Planning involving Patient & Family/Caregiver Support
- Patient, Family & Caregiver Education/Training
- 24-Hour Licensed Nursing Supervision
- BLS & ACLS Trained Nurses & Therapists
- Routine Physician Evaluations
- Physical and Occupational Therapy 7 days per week as ordered
- Discharge Planning & Post-Discharge follow up onsite visit by Nurse Practitioner
- The main goal of our Pulmonary Rehabilitation program is to reduce the need for hospitalization and re-hospitalization.
At Briarwood Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center, patients and residents of Newtown, MA feel completely at home, as they are able to significantly contribute to their environment and play an essential role in their own care.
Contact us at 781-449-4040 to learn more about our pulmonary rehabilitation program.
Newton, MA Resources:
Castle Island – Castle Island is one of the most popular destinations for Boston residents and visitors alike.
The Arnold Arboretum – Established in 1872 and planned and designed in collaboration with Frederick Law Olmsted, the Arnold Arboretum is a National Historic Landmark and one of the best preserved of Olmsted’s landscapes.
Steward Health Care – Steward Health Care System is a community-based accountable care organization that offers a full range of health care services to patients in Massachusetts.